it’s that time…the LAST WEEK of 2011! icanhardlybelieveit.
let’s review 2011. last january started off with snow and ice:
but spring came…so did family…and the Atlanta, GA lds temple re-opened!
the temple made it possible for our friends to become a forever family!:
i turned 24:
the summer’s garden was a success:
(some of the first fruits!)…cinnamon and kids came to visit…we enjoyed july 4th together
(and i succumbed and chopped off all my hair)
my two best friends had their FIRST babies in the same week! i took prego pics of both:
and my SISTER had her fourth…happy new little nephew to ME…this is miles august ayres:
me and miles…i made it back to utah after like 4 years…for B’s wedding! and a reunion of friends:
mine and elissa’s reunion was WAY overdue.
same with ry guy.
and i even MET my blog bestie in PERSON!! miss chelsea vose.
and the year got even better, joe beau came to visit…
and as you just saw..Christmas came, and so did my favorite Virginia family.
i try to reflect on the last year and it’s happenings. funny how it always feels like so long ago and yet also that the year sped by. i had to reference back to my old 2011 NEW YEAR blog post to see my list, how far i’ve come and what progress was made.
so, referring back to that list of goals, i DID in R E V I E W:
- take more pictures: purchased a DSLR which was a major catalyst
- be more social? …eh, yes and no! haha.
- get back to school: i DID take some online classes in 2011. got a 4.0 in them! win!
- get in shape?: i joined a gym and fell in love with zumba. i would say a definite improvement/obsession for a healthier lifestyle was made. win!
- i HAVE done some painting in 2011. wish i’d done more.
- did i make it back to Puerto Rico? pick-up my old guitar skillz? or was there a boda? no, no, and…no. life goes on.
all in all, 2011 was a rough year for me. no lies. and although there weren’t many HUGE events for me…there was a lot of personal reflection and growth. i feel i have come a long way (but still with a long way to go). i feel i am so much more honest with myself and much more trusting in God and His timing. i also was employed full-time all of 2011…and blessed with a great job this year, too! i will count my blessings.
as for my Whitney Tutt 2011 BEST OF list…looking back, i have very little to offer as far as movies and music and all of that this year. so…please excuse my pathetic list.
MY top 2011 album releases:
haha…love how i had to throw in the Biebs there.
Feist, Wilco, Coldplay, and Adele all had noteworthy album releases in 2011 as well. I just haven’t spent too much time listening to them to be able to properly rate them. OH…and Pitbull…Planet Pit has some good ones! ha!
M O V I E S. i was the worst at seeing movies in 2011. but i did make it to THE END:
also, of course i saw the new Twilight. i should be ashamed of the few times i made it to the theater this year. i didn’t see the new X-Men. or Green Lantern. or Thor. or Cowboys and Aliens. or Bridesmaids. or The Adjustment Bureau. or…well. what DID i see?
that i can remember…Limitless. Fast Five. Super 8. Something Borrowed. Pirates 3. HP7. Breaking Dawn. Jane Eyre.
oh…i did thoroughly love this movie, if you have even heard of it, came out in Feb:
and, i’m such a fan of the 80′s classic, i loved the new one:
so, that’s that.
B O O K S!
my 2011 favvy:
and that concludes my 2011 review.
time for my 2012 goals. considering the last couple months of 2011 have been rather positive. it gives me hope for the NEW YEAR!
i mean, i WILL be spending my first two weeks of the new year in Italy. what better way to ring in 2012?! i feel like the year will be as eventful as it’s start.
1. Thanksgiving Day half-marathon (with my sisters, that’s the plan)
2. maintain health and fitness (which will be needed to accomplish #1 – i also have new yoga dvds i need to try more regularly)
3. allow my hair to grow out at least long enough for a ponytail. ha! dye it less.
4. be more assertive
5. work on my sewing skills
6. practice piano often
7. maintain an eternal perspective
8. develop my art more – paint/draw more (aka: spend less time on Pinterest and more time actually DOING the great ideas)
9. complete one book a month
10. notice/do more for others. serve.
11. try a new recipe each month (i have so many “pending” to be attempted)
12. figure out my “continuing education” plan
13. travel somewhere new
14. work on my “technical” photography knowledge
15. true love
…i think i can handle those. realistic. attainable. worth it. i’m ready.